After you repair a failed upgrade from Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services to Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services, you try to access Reporting Services. When you do this, you receive the following error message:
The version of the report server database is either in a format that is not valid, or it cannot be read. The found version is 'C.0.6.54'. The expected version is 'C.0.9.45'. (rsInvalidReportServerDatabase)
To resolve this issue, add the RSExecRole role to the db_owner role in the Reporting Services databases. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start SQL Server Management Studio, and then connect to the database that hosts the ReportServer database and the ReportServerTempDB database.
- In Object Explorer, expand the following nodes:
- Expand Databases.
- Expand ReportServer.
- Expand Security.
- Expand Roles.
- Expand Database Roles.
- Right-click db_owner, and then click Properties.
- In the Database Role Properties dialog box, click Add.
- In the Select Database User or Role dialog box, type RSExecRole, and then click OK two times.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 for the ReportServerTempDB database. When you repeat step 2b, expand ReportServerTempDB instead of expanding ReportServer.
- Restart the Report Server service.
Note You may have to restart this service two times.
You receive the error message when you try to access Reporting Services. For example, you receive the error message when you open Report Manager or when you try to send a report.