List of issues that are fixed by the hotfix packageThis hotfix package fixes the following issues:
- 954228 The importance and the sensitivity of e-mail messages can be changed after you set a policy in Outlook 2007
- 956531 Outlook 2007 prompts you repeatedly for a password under certain network conditions
- 956647 Outlook 2007 does not honor the folder structure that was created in Internet Explorer 7 for the RSS Feeds folder
- 956648 If you change the Appointments font setting for the calendar in Outlook 2007, the new font setting is not used when you print the calendar
- 956693 Files that have the .eml file name extension do not open in Outlook 2007
- 956532 When a user accesses their Free/Busy information, the Outlook Web Access service stops on the computer that is running Exchange 2007
- 955449 You cannot disable the "No end date" option for appointments, meeting requests, tasks, or task requests in Outlook 2007
- 955450 Error message when you try to change a meeting occurrence after you delete the previous occurrence in Outlook 2007: "Changes to the meeting cannot be saved"
- 956694 There is no diagnostic logging for the trusted add-ins feature in Outlook 2007
Note There was a problem with the fix for this issue in the Outlook 2007 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package that is dated September 24, 2008. Install the following hotfix to use the diagnostic logging for the trusted add-ins feature in Outlook 2007.958789 Description of the Outlook 2007 hotfix package (Outlook-en-us.msp, Outlook.msp): October 28, 2008
- 955572 You cannot cache shared mail folders in Outlook 2007
- 956547 A Color Category that uses a dark color may print lighter than other Color Categories in Outlook 2007
- 956528 You cannot suppress the Autodiscover redirect warning in Outlook 2007
- Outlook 2007 on a LAN uses NTLM authentication instead of Kerberos authentication for the Autodiscover service and for the Availability service.
- When you print calendars in Outlook 2007, one month is not exactly on one page. This problem occurs even though you have selected the Print Exactly One Month Per Page check box. For example, if you specify a print range from 3/1/2008 to 5/31/2008, you cannot find one page for April.
- A reply e-mail message in Outlook 2007 may incorrectly use the certificate of a delegate of a mailbox user instead of using the certificate of the mailbox owner.
- You set a rule to move your received e-mail messages to a newly created Personal Folders file (.pst) in Outlook 2007. Then, you receive an e-mail message that needs a read receipt. However, when you send the read receipt, the sender of the e-mail message never receives the read receipt.
- You open Outlook 2007 in Cached Exchange Mode. After the initial synchronization is complete and the status bar displays All folders are up to date, the notification area still displays the synchronizing icon.
- Outlook 2007 imports Windows Vista contacts groups as contacts instead of as distribution lists (DLs).
- You enable the Allow in-cell editingoption in Outlook 2007. When you click a different search folder, and then click back to the one where you enabled the in-cell editing option, the Allow in-cell editing option may no longer be selected.
- When you use the Thai version of Outlook 2007, the meeting information in a meeting request is displayed in a very small font that is almost unreadable. The meeting information includes location, time, and so on.
- You schedule a meeting, and then you add some contact DLs to the attendee line. When you click Send, Outlook 2007 stops responding. After you wait awhile, you receive the following error message:Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to be closedAdditionally, the meeting request is never sent.
Note No event ID is logged when this issue occurs.
- You convert an .ics file to a weekly recurring appointment in Outlook 2007. When you view your calendar in a table view, the start time and the end time of the appointment are incorrect.
- You run Outlook 2007 in cached mode. Then, some items are deleted from the mailbox on the server that is running Microsoft Exchange Server. For example, the items are deleted by using a Mailbox Manager policy. After the next cached mode synchronization, some deleted items may not be moved from the Offline Folder files (.ost).
- The Collaboration Data Objects (Cdo.dll) file is no longer included in Outlook 2007. It is installed as a separate download. This hotfix package fixes Outlook to write the correct Caracas time zone to Outlook items.
- Outlook 2007 displays customs forms incorrectly. For example, you put a TextBox control to the right side of an e-mail message Body control. If you run this form, the TextBox control is moved to the bottom of the Body control. Additionally, the TextBox control is only visible if you scroll down.
- Consider the following scenario. You add another user's calendar to your calendar in Outlook 2007. You switch to the Task folder. You click the Calendar folder. You use the All Appointments view to display the calendar. In this scenario, the other user's calendar is displayed.
- When you start Outlook 2007, you may receive the following error message: The data file file_name was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems.Additionally, when the data consistency check occurs, Outlook 2007 responds slower than you expected.
Note This hotfix greatly reduces the frequency of the consistency checks and the time that is required to perform the checks.
- When you try to open an appointment in the Calendar in Outlook 2007, you receive the following error message: Cannot open this item.This issue may occur when the following conditions are true:
- You use Cached Exchange Mode. On the Tools menu, click Account Settings, click the Exchange account on the E-mail tab, and then click Change.
- You have a delegate designated. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Delegates tab.
- Outlook.msp 957909 Description of the Outlook 2007 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package: September 24, 2008 - Product:OutlookKB
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesThis hotfix is a post 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 1 hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 1 installed.
For more information how to obtain the latest service pack for the 2007 Microsoft Office suite, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
Registry informationTo use one of the hotfixes in this package, you must either create a registry key or modify a registry key.For more information about the registry key, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
File informationThis hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This hotfix contains only the files that you must have to correct the issue that listed in this article.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.Download information
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
|File name||File size||Date||Time|
Contents of the Outlook.msp file
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
Article ID: 957909 - Last Review: Feb 16, 2017 - Revision: 3