Installation informationTo obtain this fix, use the Update Installation Files option during Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 setup. For more information about how to use the Update Installation Files option or how to manually download the setup update, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesNo prerequisites are required.
Removal informationThe setup update cannot be removed.
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
Set the REG_DWORD value to 1.
- You can enter any decimal number greater than or equal to 1 on this registry entry.
- The suggested maximum number of threads should be calculated based on the number of processors on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 server times 2. For example, if the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server has two processors, then the maximum number of threads should be 4.
Set the REG_DWORD value to 15.
- The value on this registry entry represents the time interval in minutes that a thread will wait before upgrading the workflow.
- If the workflow takes longer to upgrade than the value specified in this registry entry, the workflow will fail and the next workflow will be processed.
- If the time interval that you set in this registry entry is too short, many workflows may not be upgraded.
- If the value in the WorkflowUpgradeTimeout field is too long, time-outs will occur more frequently. The number of time-outs may vary based on the resources that are available on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server. These resources can be RAM cycles or CPU cycles.
Article ID: 958039 - Last Review: Jan 20, 2012 - Revision: 1