Important notes about this service packWe recommend that you back up your existing ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.3 components before you apply this service pack.
Issues that are fixed by this service pack
- Consider the following scenario. You set the Callouts property of a chart to Value. Then, you specify a number value for the Decimal Places property of the chart axis. In this scenario, the actual number of decimal places in the callouts value is the number of the Decimal Places property plus 1.
- When you slice a background hierarchy, you may receive the following error message:Query Failed! (800F000A)
- You create a measure whose value is NULL in ProClarity Desktop Professional. Then, you create a chart, and you put the measure on an axis. The axis uses the Auto Scaling feature. Then, you publish the page that contains this chart to ProClarity Analytics Server. When you view this chart in ProClarity Web Standard, the scale of the axis starts to use very large percentage (%) numbers.
- Consider the following scenario. You create a calculated member by specifying the format string as a percentage in ProClarity Desktop Professional. You create a chart by putting the calculated member on an axis. Additionally, you put another set that contains formatted values on the opposite axis. Then, you publish the book that contains this chart to ProClarity Analytics Server. When you open the chart in ProClarity Web Standard, the axis for the calculated member and the callouts for the calculated member are displayed in the decimal formatting instead of in the percentage formatting.
- The Preserve Title option is not available in the Grid Properties dialog box in the following versions of ProClarity Desktop Professional:
Service pack information
Download informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the PRO63Hotfix2217.exe package now.For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
After you download the PRO63Hotfix2217.zip package, extract the PRO63Hotfix2217.exe file from the package to a local disk.
Installation informationTo install this service pack, follow these steps:
- Locate the PRO63Hotfix2217.exe file.
- To start the installation, double-click the PRO63Hotfix2217.exe file.
Important information for Windows VistaWhen you install ProClarity Desktop Professional on Windows Vista, you may receive an error message that states the following prerequisites were not found:
- Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1 v2
- Microsoft XML 6.0
- Do not start the installation from the ProClarity Desktop Professional splash screen. Instead, browse to the following folder that contains the Setup.exe file:CD_Drive:\ProClarity\Desktop\Pro 6.3\Desktop Install\install
- Double-click the Setup.exe file to start the installation.
Distribution informationTo distribute the service pack from ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3, follow these steps:
- On a computer that is running ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3, extract the PRO63Hotfix2217.zip package. The files that are extracted are the PRO63Hotfix2217.exe file and the PRO63Hotfix2217.xml file.
- Open the Analytics Server Administration Tool.
Analytics Server Administration Tool, and then expand the node that corresponds to the server.
Components, and then click
- In the
box, specify the PRO63Hotfix2217.xml file that you obtained in step 1, and then click
Removal informationYou cannot remove this service pack without also removing ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.3. To remove this service pack, you must remove the whole ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.3 application.
PrerequisitesTo apply this service pack, you must be running ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.3 on the computer. With this service pack, you can update ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.3 or ProClarity Web Professional 6.3. For installation instructions and requirements, see the product documentation and the product release notes.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you install this service pack.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Known issues in this service pack
- ProClarity 6.3 SP2 supports PivotTable Services 8.0 and the SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services 9.0 OLE DB provider. However, ProClarity 6.3 SP2 does not support the SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services 10.0 OLE DB provider.
Note PivotTable Services 8.0 is the OLE DB provider for SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services and is used to connect to an Analysis Services 2000 server.
Workaround To work around this problem, use the SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services 9.0 OLE DB provider to connect to data cubes that use the SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services 10.0 OLE DB provider.
Article ID: 958294 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 3