In Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, you embed a Web Browser control into a custom form. When you open an instance of that form and then display a Web page in the Web Browser control, you try to use one of the following keyboard shortcuts:
The operation failed. An object could not be found.
To fix this problem, follow these steps:
- This issue is fixed in the Outlook 2003 Post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package that was released on October 28, 2008. For more information, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 957220 Description of the Outlook 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package (Outlook.msp): October 28, 2008958701 Description of the Outlook 2003 Post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package (Engmui.msp, Olkintl.msp, and Outlook.msp): October 28, 2008
- Enable the hotfix.
To have us enable the hotfix for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. To enable the hotfix yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for meTo enable the hotfix automatically, click the
Fix itbutton or link. Click
File Downloaddialog box, and then follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
Note this wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
Note If you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or to a CD, and then you can run it on the computer that has the problem.
Next, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
To enable this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Exit Outlook 2003.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click to select the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Forms\DesignForm
- After you select the key that is specified in step 3, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click DWORD value.
- Type NewAccel, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click NewAccel, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.
Article ID: 958700 - Last Review: Sep 5, 2013 - Revision: 1