A secondary problem is that the LDAP query that is being used inside the Web Components Distribution List Expansion Service incorrectly searched with a filter of objectCategory is "CN=Person." This applies to both contacts and users.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to test with Windows Address Book - Windows People Search (easy)
- On Windows Server 2003, click Start, click Run, type WAB.EXE, and then press ENTER.
- On the toolbar, click Find People.
- In the Find People dialog box, select Active Directory in the Look Indrop-down box.
- In the Find People dialog box, type the SMTP address to search for.
- Click Find Now.
How to test with Ldp.exe (advanced)
- On Windows Server 2003 with the Support Tools installed, start Ldp.exe.
- On the
Connection menu, click Connect, and then click OK.
- On the
Connection menu, click Bind, and then click OK.
- On the Browse menu, click Search.
- In the Search dialog box, type the following filter to search for. Replace firstname.lastname@example.org with the valid SMTP address.
- Review the results and confirm that there is only one object.
Article ID: 959388 - Last Review: Apr 14, 2009 - Revision: 1