Improvements that are included in the updateThe Office 2004 for Mac 11.5.3 Update includes the following improvements.
Improvements for Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac
- Stability is improved when you open documents.
This update fixes issues that cause Word 2004 applications to quit unexpectedly when you open a document.
Improvements for Microsoft Excel 2004 for Mac
- Stability is improved when you open or close workbooks.
This update fixes issues that cause Excel 2004 applications to quit unexpectedly when you open or close an Excel workbook. The following warning may appear when you open a corrupted workbook.Unable to read file
Improvements for Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac
- Updated time zone information.
This update provides updated time zone information.
PrerequisitesBefore you install the Office 2004 for Mac 11.5.3 Update, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.2.8 (Jaguar) or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system. To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
Additionally, the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.5.2 Update must be installed on the computer before you install the Office 2004 for Mac 11.5.3 Update. To verify that the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.5.2 Update is installed, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Open the Microsoft Office 2004 folder, and then open the Office folder.
- Click the Microsoft Component Plugin file.
- On the File menu, click Get Info.
- Click General. The version information appears.
How to obtain the updateThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.5.3 Update package now.
Release Date: December 9, 2008
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- The Office 2004 for Mac 11.5.3 Update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up-to-date. To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program. Then, on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
For more information about resources for Office 2004 for Mac, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Updated filesThis update adds or changes the Office application files that appear in the following list. After you install the update, you can compare the version numbers of these files to verify that the files were installed or updated. To see the version number of a file, select the file in the Finder, and then click Get Info on the File menu. Additionally, you can find the full installation path for each updated file by reviewing the updater log file in the Microsoft Office 2004/Updater Logs folder on the computer.
|Microsoft Component Plugin||11.5.3|
Article ID: 960402 - Last Review: Feb 15, 2017 - Revision: 2