- In the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 (SP2) or in the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (SP1), you use the BinaryFormatter object to serialize and to deserialize a generic type in an assembly.
- The assembly is shared between the server and the client, and the assembly has a strong name.
- The build versions of the assembly are different between the server and the client.
- This problem does not occur when you use the SoapFormatter object.
- This problem occurs even if you set the FormatterAssemblyStyle.Simple value when you serialize and deserialize.