- These groups were created in the Active Directory Users and Computers console.
- These groups were migrated from another domain by using the Active Directory Migration Tool (ADMT).
- These groups were created in a Windows Small Business Server 2003 system. The system was later migrated to Windows Small Business Server 2008.
- These groups were created by using the ADSI Edit (Adsiedit.msc) tool.
- The value of the msSBSCreationState Active Directory attribute of these groups is Created.
- The groups are Universal groups.
Update informationMicrosoft has released an update to enable you to update Universal groups in the MyBusiness OU so that they appear in the Windows SBS Console. (This update cannot update groups that are not Universal groups.) After you update the Universal groups, you can use the Windows SBS Console to manage these groups.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Windows Small Business Server 2008 Active Directory Group Converter package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites to apply this update.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any other updates or hotfixes.
File informationThe English version of this update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
For more information about this issue, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: -
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 961148 - Last Review: Mar 11, 2009 - Revision: 1