You receive the following error when installing Expression Web through Expression Studio setup:
"Expression Studio\Setup can not find required setup controller file. Either there was network error, an error reading from CD, DVD, or other installation media or the package you downloaded."
This occurs if you have Firefox set as your default web browser.
Firefox. The cause for this issue is that the setup.exe file is saved to the
desktop by Firefox instead of running the setup.exe file from the media. Since it
can't locate the other files required to install Expression Web the error is
Default browser workaround
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Go to Tools | Internet Options.
3. Select the Programs tab.
4. On the Programs tab there is a Make Default button.
5. Run the setup again using Internet Explorer.
Browse out to the file method
1. Click Start | Run Type explorer and click OK.
2. Right click on the Expression Studio icon that corresponds to the CD/DVD ROM and
3. Open the Web folder.
4. Execute the setup.exe file. At this point the normal install process will
Use Open With to specify Internet Explorer
1. Right-click on the CD drive in Computer, click Open
2. Double-click the HTML folder, right-click on the file Main, point to Open With,
double-click Internet Explorer.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.
Article ID: 961941 - Last Review: Aug 10, 2009 - Revision: 1