This error occurs when setting a company as default or generating a report.
In earlier releases Microsoft FRx attempted to save a setting to the FRX.INI file in C:\Windows\FRX.INI, the operation would be re-directed to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\FRX.INI. With Microsoft FRx 6.7.9111 the FRx.INI file is still saved to the Windows directory but the Microsoft FRx Application will read the FRX.INI from the users profile, i.e.,C:\Documents and Settings\ALocal Settings\pplication Data\FRx Software\Frx 6.7\FRX.INI.
When the FRx Designer is installed on the machine the default work drive setting defaults to C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Temp. On Citrix and Terminal Servers, this is not a shared directory and permissions to this directory may cause the "Invalid Path" Error.
The following steps may will assist to workaround this error:
- Create a new shared directory on the Terminal Services/Citrix server or network server- an example of this might be M:\FRxTemp.
- Start Microsoft FRx Designer and click Admin - Processing Options. Change the Optional Work Drive path to the shared directory created in Step 1.
- Using Windows Explorer, browse to the users C:\Documents and Settings\Local Settings\Application Data\FRx Software\FRx 6.7 folder. Locate the FRX.INI file and open it in Notepad. Change the value on the WorkDrive line (located under the [Network] section) to the directory path created in step 1.
- Save and close the FRX.INI file.
- When users re-connect to the Terminal Services/Citrix server, the WorkDrive path in each user's FRX.INI file should be changed to the new drive. If specific users still receive the error, change the WorkDrive path in the FRX.INI file for the user or users having the problem.
Article ID: 965527 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 3