When you start FRx or generate a report, you receive the following error message:
Run-time error '3051': The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '\\server\share\FRx\Sysdata\FRxQue32.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.
The file listed in the error message has the read-only attribute selected, or the user has insufficient permissions for the directory containing the file.
- Using Windows Explorer, browse to the directory listed in the error message. Right-click the file listed in the error message, and then click Properties.
- Verify that the Read Only check box is not selected in the Attributes section. If it is, clear it. Click OK.
- Move up one level to the parent of the current directory. For example, if you browsed to \\server\share\FRx\Sysdata\, moving up one level should display the \\server\share\FRx\directory.
- Right-click on the directory containing the listed file, and then click Properties. In our example, this would be the SysData directory.
- Click on the Security tab. Verify that all FRx users have Read, Read & Execute, Write, and Modify permissions for the directory. If any users are missing these permissions, add the permissions, and then click OK. Repeat the action that caused the error - the error should no longer occur.
Article ID: 966131 - Last Review: Nov 17, 2010 - Revision: 1