This error may occur when launching FRx Designer, building an index, or generating a report.
- Invalid work drive path, import/export path, or output path.
- Insufficient permissions to a network directory or resource.
- A network resource that is unavailable.
If you are not able to open FRx Designer
- Click Start, and then click Run. Type frx.ini, and then click OK.
- Look for the LastCompany= line. If this line contains a value after the equals sign, remove the text after the equals sign on that line only, and then save the file and close it.
- Launch FRx Designer - if the company selection window is displayed before an error is received, skip to the "Locating the Necessary Paths within FRx" section of this article. Otherwise, continue to step 4.
- Open the frx.ini file again. Look for the WorkDrive= line, and then make note of the path listed after the equals sign - this is the work drive path.
- Skip to the "Steps for Resolution" section of this article.
Locating the Necessary Paths within FRx
- If you are prompted to select a company, click Cancel.
- On the Admin menu, click Processing Options.
- Make note of the path listed in the Optional Work Drive box - this is the work drive path. Click Cancel to close the Processing Options window.
- On the Company menu, click Information.
- Make note of the path listed in theImport/Export Path box - this is the import/export path. Click Close to close the Company Information window.
- If the error occurs while generating a report, open the catalog for the problematic report.
- Click on the Output tab. If a full path is listed in the File Name box, make note of it - this is the output path. If only a file name is listed, the output path and the import/export path are the same. Close the catalog.
Steps for Resolution
- If one or more of the paths obtained above are located on a network server, verify that the server is up and running without errors.
- If one or more of the paths obtained above are located on a network server, verify that the server is accessible from the computer receiving the error.
- Verify that the work drive path is valid and correct. If it is not, update the path. This path may be updated from the Processing Options window or by modifying the frx.ini file (see the "Locating the Necessary Paths within FRx" section above for the location of these paths).
- Verify that the import/export and output paths are valid and correct. If one or more of these paths are invalid or incorrect, update them accordingly (see the "Locating the Necessary Paths within FRx" section above for the location of these paths).
- Repeat the task that caused the error previously. If the error no longer occurs, skip all remaining steps; otherwise, continue with step 6.
- Login to the problematic computer with an account that has administrative rights on the domain.
- Repeat the task that previously caused the error. If the error no longer occurs, continue with step 8; otherwise, skip to step 9.
- Log out of the machine, then log back in as the user. If the error still occurs, the user has insufficient permissions for one or more of the noted paths. Check the permissions for each directory, and grant permissions where necessary. Users must have Read, Read & Execute, Write, and Modify permissions for each of the paths noted above. After the necessary permissions have been granted, the user should no longer receive the error.
- If the error persists, the server may need to be restarted. Restart the server as soon as possible.
Article ID: 966135 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 3