- The server was upgraded from MSDE 2000 to SQL Server 2000.
- SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 (SP4) was incorrectly installed on the server.
- The SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (Windows) update in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 960082 was then installed.
- Perform the upgrade to SQL Server 2000 again.
Note You must use the same media that was previously used to perform the upgrade to SQL Server 2000.
- Restart the server instance. The server instance should start as the upgraded version.
- Apply SQL Server 2000 SP4.
Note Make sure that you apply the SQL Server 2000 SP4 and not the MSDE SP4 or SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (Windows) SP4 updates.
For more information about how to obtain SQL Server 2000 SP4, visit the following Microsoft Web page:
- Manually apply the Sp4_serv_uni.sql from the Install folder. To do this, enter the following command at a command prompt: osql -n -b -d master -Slpc:%computername%\SHAREPOINT -i "%programfiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$SHAREPOINT\Install\sp4_serv_uni.sql" -o "%programfiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$SHAREPOINT\Install\sp4_serv_uni.out" -ENote These steps assume that the SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (Windows) installation folder is in the default location. If you are using a custom installation, you must adjust the path accordingly in the command.
Article ID: 967096 - Last Review: May 14, 2009 - Revision: 1