This article describes the Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2 issues that are fixed in the Communicator 2007 R2 hotfix rollup package that is dated April 2009.
This article describes the following items about the hotfix rollup package:
- The issues that the hotfix rollup package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the hotfix rollup package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the hotfix rollup package.
- Whether the hotfix rollup package is replaced by any other hotfix rollup package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the hotfix rollup package contains.
Issues that this hotfix package fixesFor more information about the issues that this hotfix rollup package fixes, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- 968504 Description of the Communicator 2007 R2 update for Microsoft Online Services
- 968623 You experience one-way audio when LG-Nortel IP8540 or Polycom CX700 phones are used in an Audio Video call on Windows XP
- 968624 Error events occur when you disconnect a computer that is running Communicator 2007 R2 from the network: "Event ID: 3" or "Event ID: 7"
- 968625 Description of a hotfix that applies the initial changes for the integration of Office Communicator 2007 R2 and the next version of Office after the Office 2007 release
- 968628 Communicator 2007 R2 stores the Actual Remote Number (The number that is dialed) for outgoing calls to a remote party
- 968631 The font in the Conversation window is very small when you run Office Communicator 2007 R2 on a Windows Vista-based computer that has high DPI (120 DPI) with Internet Explorer 8 installed
- 968632 You cannot click the password field and enter a password when you sign in to Office Communicator 2007 R2
- 968634 Description of Office Communicator 2007 R2 update to support Polycom roundtable devices
- 968690 In Office Communicator 2007 R2, User A gets a failure-to-deliver message after sending an IM to User B even though User B receives the message
Hotfix rollup package informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Communicator.msp package now.
Release Date: April 2009
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this hotfix rollup package.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix rollup package.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix rollup package does not replace a previously released hotfix rollup package.
Registry informationTo use one of the hotfixes in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
File informationThis hotfix rollup package may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This hotfix rollup package contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
The global version of this hotfix rollup package uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the hotfix rollup package. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Privacypolicy.rtf||Not Applicable||2||05-Apr-2009||07:39||Not Applicable|
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates