You may receive the following error message when you try to install Microsoft Expression Web 2.0 or Microsoft Expression Studio 2:
Error -2147024873Then, Setup exits, and the program is not installed.
Expression Web shares files with the Microsoft 2007 Office system, and one or more of the 2007 Office system files are unreadable or corrupted.
- Make sure that hidden files and folders are displayed. To do this, follow these steps:
- For Windows XP: Open My Computer, click Tools, and then click Folder Options. Click the View tab, and then click to select the Show Hidden files and Folders check box.
- For Windows Vista: Click Start, and then in the search box, type Folder Options. . Click the View tab, and then click to select the Show Hidden files and Folders check box.
- Browse to drive C, and then locate a folder that is named MSOCache. Rename this folder to MSOCache_Old
- Do a repair of the 2007 Office system. To do this, insert the installation disc for the 2007 Office system in the drive, and then run the Setup program if the Setup does not auto-run. A dialog box appears that asks you whether want to repair, reinstall, or remove the program. Choose the repair option.
- When the 2007 Office system repair is complete, insert the Expression Web disc into the drive, and run the Expression Web Setup again.
Article ID: 967727 - Last Review: Jun 25, 2012 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Expression Studio 2, Microsoft Expression Web 2