Manually enter the shortcutTry to open a problem website by manually entering the shortcut (web address) instead of clicking the link for that site. To do this, follow these steps:
- Right-click the link for the website, and then click Copy shortcut.
- Paste the shortcut into the Address bar of Internet Explorer.
- Press Enter.
Use compatibility viewIf you cannot manually access a problem website, try to reset the compatibility view of Internet Explorer to an earlier version of the browser. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press F12.
Note the Developer Tools pane opens at the bottom of the Internet Explorer window.
- On the menu bar of the Developer Tools pane, click Browser mode: IEx.
Note In this button name, "IEx" represents the actual version number of the current browser view setting.
- In the Browser mode list, click the previous version of Internet Explorer.
- Press F12 to close the Developer Tools pane.
Add the shortcut to the safe address listIf the selection of a different browser view does not resolve the problem, try to add the shortcut of the problem website to the safe address list. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Compatibility View settings.
- In the Compatibility View Settings window, enter the shortcut of the problem website in the Add this website box, and then click Add.
- Click Close.
Use the troubleshooterIf none of the previous methods resolve the problem, try to run the Network and Internet Troubleshooter. To do this, right-click the network icon ( or ) in the notification area, click Troubleshoot problems, and then click Internet Connections. The Troubleshooter might ask you some questions or reset some common settings during this process. If running the Network and Internet Troubleshooter does not resolve the problem, look for your specific problem in the following list.
I can access some websites, but not all of them
I can't access my bank or other secure websites
I can't access or use my email website
I can't access any websites
Help from Microsoft Community online: