Note Customers most frequently encounter problems when the following conditions are true:
- When they are using Web servers that have many IP addresses
- When there are firewall filters that examine the source IP address
- Prefer same address: If the destination IP address is the same as one of the source IP addresses, use that same address.
- Prefer outgoing interface: Prefer an IP address on the interface that sends the packet.
- Use longest matching prefix with the next hop IP address: Use a source IP address together with the longest high order bit match to the next hop IP address.
- Use longest matching prefix with the destination IP address: Use source IP with longest high order bit match to destination IP address.
For more information about IP addressing, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 969029 - Last Review: May 1, 2009 - Revision: 1