- Home users:Skip the details: Download the updates for your home computer or laptop from the Microsoft Update Web site now:
- IT professionals:
How to obtain help and support for this security update
Help installing updates:
Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals:
TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware:
Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country:
Prerequisites to install this security updateTo install this security update, you must have Windows Installer 3.1 or a later version installed on the computer. To obtain the latest version of Windows Installer for the computer, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Security update replacement informationThis security bulletin replaces the following security bulletin:
Update removal informationAfter you install this update, you can uninstall it by using the
Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
Command-line switches for this updateYou can find information about the various command-line switches that this update supports in security bulletin
MS09-043 and on the following MSDN Web site:
Known issuesFor more information about installation issues with updates for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2002, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- 939043 A shared file is rolled back when you uninstall a previously installed update for one edition or SKU on a computer that has more than one edition or SKU of any version of Visual Studio installed
- 939400 Any files that are shared by the two editions of Visual Studio .NET 2003 Service Pack 1 or of Visual Studio .NET 2002 Service Pack 1 are deleted when you uninstall the edition of the service pack that you installed first
- 938244 The file version is rolled back to the version that was installed by the last service pack when you remove an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, the .NET Framework 1.1, Visual Studio .NET 2002 or Visual Studio .NET 2003
- 944298 Error message when you try to install an update for Visual Studio 2005, for Visual Studio .NET 2003, or for Visual Studio .NET 2002: "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"
- 939401 Error message when you try to install an update for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2002: "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"
- 942380 Error message when you try to apply a hotfix or an update: "Error 9002. Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Hotfix (KBxxxxxx) cannot be installed because you have one or more hotfixes installed. Remove them and try again."
Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 SP1
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
Article ID: 969172 - Last Review: May 9, 2012 - Revision: 1