- Always back up the source and target databases before you use the STSADM MergeContentDBs command.
- Refrain from canceling the operation on the front-end Web server or on the server that is running SQL Server.
- Run the STSADM MergeContentDBs command during off-peak hours because the STSADM MergeContentDBs command places significant additional load on the server that is running SQL Server.
The Batch Site Manager is included in the SharePoint Administration Toolkit:
- Microsoft SharePoint Administration Toolkit v3.0 x86
- Microsoft SharePoint Administration Toolkit v3.0 x64
The issues in this KB Article do not apply to Servers which have been patched with the April Cumulative update or Hotfix package and later.
To obtain the fix:
Description of the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 hotfix package (Sts.msp): April 28, 2009:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968857
Description of the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 cumulative update package: April 30, 2009:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968850
Description of the Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 hotfix package (Coreserver.msp): April 28, 2009: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968859
Article ID: 969242 - Last Review: Jan 7, 2017 - Revision: 1