Errors on the Windows Server x86 (32 bit) platformError message 1
Errors on the Windows Server x64 (64 bit) platformError message 1
Error message 1
- HP ProLiant BL460c
- HP ProLiant DL360 G5
- HP ProLiant DL580 G5
- HP ProLiant ML370 G5
- Visit the following HP Web site:
- In the For product field, enter HP Smart Array E200.
- Select the appropriate Smart Array E200 controller model.
- Select the appropriate operating system.
- Select the Firmware - Storage Controller category.
- Click Download next to the following description:HP Smart Array E200 Firmware Version 1.82 (or a later version)
HP found this issue in the E200/E200i array controller firmware. In response, the company released a new version of this firmware, version 1.82. Version 1.82 was released in two sub-versions:
- The Windows sub-version: For all Windows operating systems that are running on HP ProLiant platforms that include the E200/E200i controller, visit the following HP Web site:Note In compliance with the information in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 940015, we recommend that you install or update the following drivers for Windows Server 2003 on the same HP ProLiant platforms:
- Storport.sys from KB article 950903 ( version 5.2.3790.4368, date 4-Sep-2008) or a later version
- Hpcisss2.sys available from HP ( version 188.8.131.52/64, date 7-Jan-2009) or a later version
- The Linux sub-version: For all Linux operating systems that are running on HP ProLiant platforms that include the E200/E200i controller, visit the following HP Web site:
- Windows virtual machines
- Systems in a virtualization environment (for example, VMWare)
- Systems that are based on Linux
- HP ProLiant platforms that include the E200/E200i controller
- For all configurations, including the E200/E200i controller, contact HP to apply this firmware update.
- This issue may occur in all versions of the firmware since the E200/E200i HP Smart Array SAS/SATA controller was released. This issue is related to the issue that is described in KB article 940015, and it concerns the same HP ProLiant platforms. Although KB article 940015 addresses an interoperability problem between the Hpcisss2.sys and Storport.sys drivers, the issue that is addressed here is located in the ES200/ES200i controller firmware. Most of the symptoms that are described in KB article 940015 are fixed by updating the Hpcisss2.sys and Storport.sys drivers. However, some of these issues are now also resolved by updating the firmware for the E200/E200i HP Smart Array SAS/SATA controller.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:940015 You receive a Stop error message after you install update 932755 or 941276 on an HP ProLiant server that is running Storport in Windows Server 2003
- To obtain the current version of the firmware of the HP Smart Array, use the Array Configuration Utility (ACU) tool that is provided by HP. This tool is installed with all HP Smart Array products and is used to display current configuration and to upgrade firmware on the adapters.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 969550 - Last Review: Oct 20, 2011 - Revision: 1