- The issues that the hotfix rollup package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the hotfix rollup package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the hotfix rollup package.
- Whether the hotfix rollup package is replaced by any other hotfix rollup package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the hotfix rollup package contains.
Issues that this hotfix package fixes
- 971826 Error events occur when you disconnect a computer that is running Communicator 2007 from a network: "Event ID: 3" or "Event ID: 7"
- 971829 Enterprise administrators cannot both set and enforce the Outlook integration settings in Personal Information Manager (PIM) to turn off Outlook integration for Office Communicator 2007
- 961595 Your presence status is unexpectedly set to "Away" when you use the Remote Desktop Client to access a computer that is running Communicator 2007, and you cannot change this status
- 961598 Office Communicator 2007 causes an access violation in a Citrix environment
- 968490 Images that are specified in the Tabs.xml file do not load consistently on Communicator 2007 tabs
- 968505 You cannot transfer a call when you use Office Communicator version 2.0.6362.97 or later
- 968506 A Communicator 2007 client crashes when it receives a call from another Communicator client
- 968507 Sporadic failures experienced while performing Messaging API (MAPI) tasks when Office Communicator 2007 is used on the same computer as Office 2003 or Office 2007
- 960423 Office Communicator 2007 cannot display Chinese characters in URLs when the EnableURL registry value is enabled
- 960424 You cannot prevent Office Communicator 2007 from controlling the call forwarding settings
- 942566 Error message in Communicator 2007: "An error occurred while trying to start the conference" or "This message was not delivered to all participants"
- 942568 The text alignment in an e-mail message may be incorrect in Communicator 2007
- 942569 The Russian language name is spelled incorrectly in the list of available languages in Communicator 2007
- 942570 The telephone number in a Communicator 2007 pop-up window for an incoming call has an incorrect text direction when the language is set to Arabic or to Hebrew
- 942671 A new policy is available to specify the Contacts store that Communicator 2007 uses
- 942674 Unrecognizable characters appear in the date field of the display on a Unified Communications device that is used with Communicator 2007
- 942857 Menu items are truncated in the Hebrew version of Communicator 2007
- 943066 Presence status does not change from "In a Meeting" to "Available" in Communicator 2007
- 943223 Communicator 2005 client computers may send many DNS queries for the name of the Live Communications Server 2005 pool
- 944687 Error message when you try to change an IM conversation into a multiparty conference in Communicator 2007: "Your attempt to start a conference was unsuccessful."
- 945079 The call is on hold for both the transferor and the transferee when a call transfer fails in Communicator 2007
- 945287 You cannot type a special character in the password box in Communicator 2007
- 945542 Error message when you send an instant message to a distribution group that contains more than 100 members in Communicator 2007: "GroupName is too large to display"
- 945543 Communicator 2007 does not release cached person objects after you search for contacts
- 945545 The notification sound does not play in Communicator 2007 when you change the notification sound to a .wav file that resides in the Media folder
- 945546 Communicator 2007 appends the telephone number to a user name when a user who does not have an SIP account uses custom tabs
- 945678 The translation of the word "free" is incorrect in the Polish version of Communicator 2007
- 945856 Description of the update that is available to change how Communicator 2007 starts after you install the program
- 945858 On a computer that has Communicator 2007 installed, you do not hear Dual Tone Multi-Frequency tones when you use a device’s dial pad to enter a telephone number
- 945859 When you start Microsoft Office Communicator 2007, Office Communicator causes an access violation
- 948120 An audio conference or a video conference fails in Communicator 2007 when you try to invite a new participant to create a multiparty conference
- 948159 Error message in Communicator 2007 if the Outlook profile file name contains non-English characters: "There was a problem connecting to Microsoft Office Outlook"
- 948733 Error message when you try to shut down a client computer that is running Office Communicator 2007: "The data file 'Mailbox - user' was not closed properly"
- 948734 On a client computer that is running Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4, you may notice that the volume is fading during the audio call after you start an audio call from Office Communicator 2007
- 948735 You cannot integrate Communicator 2007 together with Office 2000
- 948737 A Communicator 2007 user hears a long dial tone mixed with the streaming audio if the user takes a USB telephony device handset off the hook and then uses the device to stream audio from another application
- 949498 Error message when a Communicator 2007 user sends a message that contains only Japanese characters to Communicator 2005 users: "Username cannot receive message in the format you used"
- 949894 Presence functions are disabled in Communicator 2007 when you use a time zone that includes a negative partial hour on a client computer
- 950492 You cannot manually change your status from "Away" in Communicator 2007 when you use a portable computer to connect to a remote computer
- 951868 Registry settings for certain protocols are overwritten, and Communicator 2007 becomes the default application for these protocols when you log on to Communicator 2007
- 951870 Event IDs 8239 and 8206 are logged when you schedule and then cancel a meeting in Communicator 2007
- 951871 The presence status changes to Away for all Terminal Server users when an administrator locks the desktop or lets the screen saver run in Communicator 2007
- 954642 Error message when you restart Outlook after you log off Windows without exiting Communicator 2007: "A data file did not close properly the last time it was used and is being checked for problems"
- 954647 Communicator 2007 does not support non-DID telephone numbers
- 954648 How to disable instant messaging in Communicator 2007
- 954649 When you use Communicator 2007 together with a GN9350 headset to make a call, the call ends when you mute the microphone
- 954650 The retry logic that Communicator 2007 uses to download address book files changes after you install the Communicator 2007 update package that is dated October 24, 2008
- 954651 Communicator 2007 downloads the full offline address book every 30 days
- 956734 The presence status of Communicator 2007 changes to "Away" for all Terminal Server users when one user locks the desktop on a Windows Server 2008-based computer
- 957793 A Communicator 2007 client is unusually slow at startup
- 958659 When you use telephony mode=4, you can only manually set the URI information in Communicator 2007
Hotfix informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Communicator.msp package now.
Release Date: June 2009
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this hotfix.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix package replaces the hotfix package that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 961552.
Registry informationTo use one of the hotfixes in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
File informationThis hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This hotfix contains only the files that you must have to correct the issue that listed in this article.
The global version of this hotfix package uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the hotfix package. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Abbrdialtone||Not Applicable||97,402||09-Jul-2009||05:21||Not Applicable|
Article ID: 969694 - Last Review: Jul 31, 2009 - Revision: 1