- In the Reliability and Performance Monitor (Perfmon.exe) console, click Data Collector Sets, and then click
- Right-click Active Directory Diagnostics, and then click Start. The file collection process starts on the Windows Server 2008-based domain controller.
- After the report status changes to generating report from collecting data for
<time>, copy the files to the second Windows Server 2008-based domain controller.
Note You can find the files at the following location:%systemdrive%\Perflogs\ADDS\date report generation run\*Note Ths "-df" switch is to specify the Microsoft specific counting/reporting schema file that is generated with the Perfmon. This file name is named report.xsl
- Locate the files, and then run the following command at the command line on the second Windows Server 2008-based domain controller:
tracerpt *.blg *.etl -df PerfmonSchemaFileName.xsl -report your_report.html -f html
- Use Windows Internet Explorer to view the .html file that is generated.
Article ID: 971714 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4