A Host on a Perimeter Network that was previously able to communicate with the System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 server no longer can. A manual refresh of the host will result in a job failure as shown here:
VMM does not have appropriate permissions to access the resource C:\Windows\system32\qmgr.dll on the %computername% server.
(Access is denied (0x80070005))
Ensure that Virtual Machine Manager has the appropriate rights to perform this action.
- On the Perimeter Host server, right-click My Computer and the click Manage.
- Open Local Users and Groups, and then open Users.
- In the right-hand pane, locate the service account for VMMAgent that begins with 'SCVMM*****’.
- Right-click the service account and then select Properties.
- Click to clear the User must change password at next logon check box.
- Click to select the Password never expires check box.
- Click OK to close the ‘SCVMM***** Properties’ window.
- Refresh the Perimeter Host in the SCVMM Admin console again.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.
Article ID: 971825 - Last Review: Aug 9, 2010 - Revision: 1