- Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- In IIS Manager, choose the server name.
- In the Features pane, double-click Server Certificates under Security.
- In the Actions pane, click Create Certificate Request. The Request Certificate Wizard starts.
- In the Distinguished Name Properties pane, provide the information about the site, and then click Next.
Note The Common name box must match the fully qualified domain name for the site.
- In the Cryptographic Service Provider Properties pane, provide the cryptographic service provider information and bit length, and then click Next.
- In the File Name pane, specify a file name for the certificate request, and then click Finish.
- Send the file that you saved in step 7 to your certificate provider.
Article ID: 971832 - Last Review: Jun 19, 2009 - Revision: 1