When you try to renew a server certificate in Internet Information Services 7.0, the certificate request is created as expected, and you send the request to your certificate provider. However, your certificate provider informs you that the certificate renewal request is invalid.
To work around this issue, submit a request for a new server certificate. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- In IIS Manager, choose the server name.
- In the Features pane, double-click Server Certificates under Security.
- In the Actions pane, click Create Certificate Request. The Request Certificate Wizard starts.
- In the Distinguished Name Properties pane, provide the information about the site, and then click Next.
Note The Common name box must match the fully qualified domain name for the site.
- In the Cryptographic Service Provider Properties pane, provide the cryptographic service provider information and bit length, and then click Next.
- In the File Name pane, specify a file name for the certificate request, and then click Finish.
- Send the file that you saved in step 7 to your certificate provider.
Article ID: 971832 - Last Review: Jun 19, 2009 - Revision: 1