This article describes the issues that are fixed in the Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2 hotfix rollup package that is dated June 2009.
Issues that this update package fixesThis update package fixes the following issues:
- The license expiration date for Office Communicator (OC) 2007 R2 Evaluation Edition was calculated incorrectly. This causes OC 2007 R2 Evaluation Edition to expire on June 13, 2009. This update fixes the license expiration date calculation for the OC 2007 R2 Evaluation Edition. By downloading this update, the expiration date will be based correctly on the installation date of the OC 2007 R2.
- 971078 An Automatic Update download is not initiated on a computer that is running Office Communicator 2007 R2 build 3.5.6907.9
- 968504 Description of the Communicator 2007 R2 update for Microsoft Online Services
- 968623 You experience one-way audio when LG-Nortel IP8540 or Polycom CX700 phones are used in an Audio Video call on Windows XP
- 968624 Error events occur when you disconnect a computer that is running Communicator 2007 R2 from the network: "Event ID: 3" or "Event ID: 7"
- 968625 Description of a hotfix that applies the initial changes for the integration of Office Communicator 2007 R2 and the next version of Office after the Office 2007 release
- 968628 Communicator 2007 R2 stores the Actual Remote Number (The number that is dialed) for outgoing calls to a remote party
- 968631 The font in the Conversation window is very small when you run Office Communicator 2007 R2 on a Windows Vista-based computer that has high DPI (120 DPI) with Internet Explorer 8 installed
- 968632 You cannot click the password field and enter a password when you sign in to Office Communicator 2007 R2
- 968634 Description of Office Communicator 2007 R2 update to support Polycom roundtable devices
- 968690 In Office Communicator 2007 R2, User A gets a failure-to-deliver message after sending an IM to User B even though User B receives the message
Update package informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Communicator.msp package now. Release Date: June 2009
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update package.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer if certain dependencies of Office Communicator are still running when you apply this update. For example, you may have to restart the computer if you have Outlook or Office Communicator 2007 R2 running when the update is applied.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix package replaces hotfix package 971083.
Registry informationTo use one of the update packages in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
File informationThis hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This hotfix contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
The global version of this hotfix package uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the hotfix package. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Privacypolicy.rtf||Not Applicable||2||03-Jun-2009||15:47||Not Applicable|
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 972042 - Last Review: Jun 11, 2009 - Revision: 1