This problem may occur when you use the Start menu, a sleep button on a keyboard, or a Microsoft Windows Media Center remote control.
- A USB device that supports the wake from sleep functionality of a keyboard, a mouse, or a Media Center infrared (IR) receiver
- A USB Universal Host Controller Interface (UHCI) host controller that does not support the wake from sleep functionality
Workaround 1 (Recommended)Plug the USB device into an Enhanced Host Controller Interface (EHCI) host controller.
Workaround 2Disable the USB device's ability to wake the computer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Manage.
- In the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
- Click Device Manager, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click the device, and then click Properties.
- Click the Power Management tab, disable the Allow this device to wake the computer check box, and then click OK.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 972664 - Last Review: Jul 22, 2009 - Revision: 1