No formal product support is available from Microsoft for this beta product. For information about how to obtain support for a beta release, see the documentation that is included with the beta product files, or check the Web location where you downloaded the release.
For more information about Cumulative Update 5 for SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- SQL Server 2008 Express SP1 with Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 support.
- SQL Server 2008 Express SP1 with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Beta 2 support.
For systems that have Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 (SP2) installed or that have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed, you can install either of the SQL Server 2008 Express SP1 formats stated above.
For systems that only have .NET Framework 4 Beta 2 installed, install SQL Server 2008 Express SP1 with the .NET Framework 4 Beta 2 support.
Note If .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 or .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 are not installed, SQL Server PowerShell and SQL Server common language runtime (CLR) features will not be available. Features that are not available include the following:
- The CLR data types geometry, geography, and hierarchyid.
- The dynamic management views for assemblies and spatial objects.
- The CLR user-defined: types, functions, aggregates, procedures, and triggers.