- You have a smart card reader that works on a computer that is running Windows Vista.
- You upgrade the computer to Windows 7.
- You insert a smart card into the smart card reader that is connected to the computer that is running Windows 7.
- Method 1: Update the driver for the smart card reader to the latest version.
- Method 2: Manually start the Certificate Propagation service. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- At the command prompt, type net start certpropsvc, and then press ENTER.
- Click Start, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
Article ID: 973273 - Last Review: Aug 6, 2009 - Revision: 1