Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
It may be possible to work around the issue by delaying the start time of the App-V client service until the first user successfully logs in. Follow these steps in order to delay the start of the Application Virtualization Client Service:
- Using regedit, navigate to the key named "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run".
- Remove the SoftGridTray value from this key. The SoftGridTray value will contain a path. For example:
SoftGridTray="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\SFTTray.exe" /autostart
- Open the "Services" control panel applet.
- Display properties for the service called "Application Virtualization Client".
- Change the "Startup type" field from "Automatic" to "Manual".
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.
Article ID: 973756 - Last Review: Jul 16, 2009 - Revision: 1