- The system has the Intel virtualization feature enabled in the system BIOS.
- The system has an asymmetric RAM configuration. For example, the system has 3 gigabytes (GB) of RAM, which consists of one 2-GB module and one 1-GB module.
- The system has one of the following Intel GPU chipsets:
- Mobile Intel 45 Express Chipset Family
- Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family
- Intel G31/G33 Express Chipset Family
- Intel Q33/Q35 Express Chipset Family
- Update the system BIOS to the latest version that is provided by the system manufacturer.
- Disable the Intel virtualization feature in the system BIOS if an asymmetric RAM configuration is present.
- Install a symmetric RAM configuration if virtualization features are required.
Typical symmetric RAM configurations are as follows:
- 2 GB of RAM, which consists of one 2-GB module
- 2 GB of RAM, which consists of two 1-GB modules
- 4 GB of RAM, which consists of two 2-GB modules
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
Article ID: 975450 - Last Review: Mar 12, 2010 - Revision: 1