You use a Microsoft Exchange Server distribution list to add agents to a Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS) 2007 R2, Response Group Service group. By default, the Response Group Service updates the agent list every eight hours in this scenario. Additionally, the update time is not configurable.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Stop the Response Group Service.
- Apply the following update: 975612 Description of the cumulative update for Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Response Group Service October, 2009
- Configure the update time. To do this, follow these steps:
- Copy and paste the following code in Notepad:Note In this code, Number represents an update interval in minutes. The value must be an integer between five and 480. If you enter a value outside this range, the closest valid value is selected. In this scenario, no error message is displayed. However, if you set a small value, the load is increased on the Response Group Service and on the Active Directory.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<add key="AdUpdateInterval" value="Number" />
- Save the file as OcsAppServerHost.exe.config in the folder where the OcsAppServerHost.exe file is located.
- Copy and paste the following code in Notepad:
- Restart the Response Group Service.
Article ID: 975893 - Last Review: Oct 27, 2009 - Revision: 1