This article describes the Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2 issue that is fixed in the cumulative update that is dated January 2010.
This article describes the following items about the cumulative update:
- The issues that the cumulative update fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the cumulative update.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the cumulative update.
- Whether the cumulative update is replaced by any other cumulative update.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the cumulative update contains.
Issues that this hotfix package fixes
- 978161 Office Communicator 2007 R2 crashes when you receive an incoming instant message notification
- 978162 A hyperlink is converted to plain text format when you input the hyperlink into an Office Communicator 2007 R2 conversation window
- 978163 You cannot call a user by using the Actions button in Office Outlook 2007, but you can call the user through Office Communicator 2007 R2
- 978639 The shortcut menu is not displayed or Office Communicator 2007 R2 crashes when you right-click a contact
- 978715 A wireless connection is reported incorrectly as a wired connection in a QoE report incorrectly when you make an Office Communications 2007 R2 call in Windows XP
- 978716 Communicator 2007 R2 users experience network bandwidth issues
- 978717 Send listening MOS and receive listening MOS are low for Communicator 2007 R2 calls
- 978718 Connectivity checks fail if you use Office Communicator 2007 R2 together with a third-party implementation of MS-ICE 2.0
- 978719 CPU usage increases significantly when you make a call in Office Communicator 2007 R2
- 978720 Office Communicator 2007 R2 crashes when you move a contact to a specific group
This cumulative update, together with update 969696 and update 969821, fixes the following issue:
- 971628 When a delegate tries to use the Conferencing Add-in for Outlook to schedule a live meeting or to schedule a conference on behalf of a manager, the delegate's information instead of the manager's information displays in the conferencing requestNote This problem was originally fixed by the following updates:
- 976045 Error message when you try to add a contact to Outlook in Communicator 2007 R2: "Cannot connect to Microsoft Office Outlook to add a contact because Outlook is not responding"
- 976046 Hyperlinks are converted to lowercase if you send them in an instant message as text in Communicator 2007 R2
- 976048 Error message when you log off, restart, or shut down a computer that is running Communicator 2007 R2: "End Program - Communicator"
- 976050 When you answer an incoming call on a device that uses a simultaneous ring number, Office Communicator 2007 R2 generates a missed call notification
- 976051 The Communicator 2007 R2 screen freezes intermittently for several seconds when you are in an audio or a video conferencing session
- 976052 The display name of a contact is unresolved when you send a meeting request in Communicator 2007 R2
- 976054 Audio skips in Communicator 2007 R2 during Communicator calls or during Public Switched Telephone Network calls on a computer that is running Windows Vista
- 971843 Enterprise administrators cannot both set and enforce the Personal Information Manager settings for Outlook Integration to be able to turn off Outlook Integration for Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2
- 972085 Error message when you start Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2: "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the message request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client."
- 972087 In Communicator 2007 R2 when you use Tanjay to call a user, you hear both the ringing and the audio from the user side
- 972090 Your voice is discontinuous when you use Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2 to make a call on a Windows 7 or a Windows Server 2008 R2-based remote computer
- 972091 Error message in Communicator 2007 R2 when you try to join a conference call from Outlook: "Can't open the program because Office Communicator or Office Communications Server Attendant is already running on your windows user account"
- 971845 You cannot use a set of features in Office Communicator 2007 R2 that integrate secure delegation for the local Outlook 2007 calendar
- 971846 Video frames are not displayed in Office Communicator 2007 R2 on a Windows XP-based computer
- 972093 Error message when you try to adjust the volume during a call in a Communicator 2007 R2 conversation window on a computer that is running Windows XP: "Cannot adjust the speaker volume"
- 972097 Error message when distribution group expansion fails in Office Communicator 2007 R2: "Cannot save a local copy of your distribution groups."
- 972099 A "Meet Now – Invite by Email" HTML e-mail message that is generated by Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2 has unreadable text in the message body
- 972403 Network performance issues that are caused by Global address list (GAL) file downloads or by GAL delta file downloads in Office Communicator 2007 R2
- 971844 No calling party name appears in Communicator 2007 R2 when a Private Branch Exchange telephone user calls a Communications Server 2007 R2 user
- 971078 An Automatic Update download is not initiated on a computer that is running Office Communicator 2007 R2 build 3.5.6907.9
- 968504 Description of the Communicator 2007 R2 update for Microsoft Online Services
- 968623 You experience one-way audio when LG-Nortel IP8540 or Polycom CX700 phones are used in an Audio Video call on Windows XP
- 968624 Error events occur when you disconnect a computer that is running Communicator 2007 R2 from the network: "Event ID: 3" or "Event ID: 7"
- 968625 Description of a hotfix that applies the initial changes for the integration of Office Communicator 2007 R2 and the next version of Office after the Office 2007 release
- 968628 Communicator 2007 R2 stores the Actual Remote Number (The number that is dialed) for outgoing calls to a remote party
- 968631 The font in the Conversation window is very small when you run Office Communicator 2007 R2 on a Windows Vista-based computer that has high DPI (120 DPI) with Internet Explorer 8 installed
- 968632 You cannot click the password field and enter a password when you sign in to Office Communicator 2007 R2
- 968634 Description of Office Communicator 2007 R2 update to support Polycom roundtable devices
- 968690 In Office Communicator 2007 R2, User A gets a failure-to-deliver message after sending an IM to User B even though User B receives the message
Hotfix informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the communicator.msp package now.For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this hotfix.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer if certain dependencies in Office Communicator are still running when the update is applied. For example, if you have Outlook or Office Communicator 2007 R2 running when the update is applied, you may have to restart the computer.
Hotfix replacement informationThis update replaces the previously released update that is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 972884.
972884 Description of the update for Communicator 2007 R2: Oct 2009
Registry informationTo use the hotfix in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
File informationThis hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This hotfix contains only the files that you must have to correct the issue that is listed in this article.
The global version of this hotfix package uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the hotfix package. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Privacypolicy.rtf||Not Applicable||2||11-Dec-2009||16:56||Not Applicable|
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates