This article applies to the following product:
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 eXtensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) Gateway
This article describes the issue that is fixed in the update for Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 eXtensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) Gateway that is dated November 2009.
This article describes the following items about the update package:
- The issues that the update package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update package.
- Whether the update package is replaced by any other update package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update package contains.
Issue that this update package fixes
- You have an e-mail message that contains extended alphabets or uses any double-byte character set (DBCS) language. When you send the e-mail message from a Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2-based client to an XMPP client or vice versa, the client receives the e-message in an incorrect format.
Update informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Xmpptgw.msp package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesYou must have Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 XMPP Gateway installed.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer if certain dependencies on XMPP Gateway are still running when the update is applied.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace a previously released update.
Registry informationYou do not have to make any changes in the registry to apply this update.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
The global version of this update package uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the update package. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Default.tmx||Not Applicable||126,483||12-Nov-2009||16:16||Not Applicable|
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 977187 - Last Review: Nov 19, 2009 - Revision: 1