Event ID: 2212
Task Category: None
The DFS Replication service has detected an unexpected shutdown on volume Drive_Letter. This can occur if the service terminated abnormally (due to a power loss, for example) or an error occurred on the volume. The service has automatically initiated a recovery process. The service will rebuild the database if it determines it cannot reliably recover. No user action is required.
Value Name WaitToKillServiceTimeout
Data Type REG_SZ
String 20000 milliseconds (default value)
To specify the wait time, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following key in the registry:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click String Value.
- Type WaitToKillServiceTimeout, and then press ENTER.
- On the Edit menu, click Modify.
- Type 60000, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Restart the server.
- 1006 - The DFS Replication service is stopping.
- 1008 - The DFS Replication service has stopped.
Make sure to install KB 2549760 to ensure proper performance of the WaitToKillServiceTimeout registry value
2549760 WaitToKillServiceTimeout registry value does not work in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2
Article ID: 977518 - Last Review: Jan 7, 2017 - Revision: 1