Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Windows Server 2003. Additionally, Windows Server 2003 has Policy Maker client-side extensions installed.
- You upgrade to Windows Server 2008.
- You install Group Policy Preferences client-side extensions in Windows Server 2008.
This issue occurs because of corrupted Managed Object Format (MOF) files.
Steps to Reproduce the Problem
- Register the Gpsvc.dll library by using the following command:
- Use the following command prompt to locate the folder:
- Run the following commands:
- Restart the WMI Service.
Article ID: 977755 - Last Review: Nov 30, 2009 - Revision: 1