For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
After you install this hotfix, to have us add the OptimizeOrgImport REG_DWORD registry entry for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to add the OptimizeOrgImport REG_DWORD registry entry yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for me
To add the OptimizeOrgImport REG_DWORD registry entry automatically, click the Fix it button or link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfAfter you install this hotfix, you must add the OptimizeOrgImport REG_DWORD registry entry on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 server. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM
- Right-click MSCRM, point to
New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Name this DWORD value as "OptimizeOrgImport"
- Right-click OptimizeOrgImport, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type
1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email message.
- Set OptimizeOrgImport = 0 and use the normal import process.
- Delete the organization, and then import the organization again.
Article ID: 977867 - Last Review: Feb 17, 2012 - Revision: 1