Issue that this update fixesThis update package fixes the following issue:
- 981257 An update to the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Audio Video Conferencing server is required to maintain existing behavior after update 977547 is applied
- 972773 The diagnostics information for an audio or video conference call that failed is not available in the log of an Office Communications Server 2007 R2-based application
- 972771 The Audio Video Multipoint Conferencing Unit (AVMCU) drops all incoming comfort noise packets when you use call users through the AVMCU server in a Communications Server 2007 R2 conference
Update package information
Download CenterThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the AVMCU.msp package now.
Release Date: April 2010
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
By Contacting Microsoft SupportA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo use a manual method to apply the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 April 10 cumulative updates, you must apply the correct prerequisites before you apply the cumulative update for a specific Office Communications Server 2007 R2 server component. The Office Communications Server 2007 R2 server component and the list of prerequisite updates that it requires before installation of its specific Office Communications Server 2007 R2 April 10 cumulative update are as follows.
Communications Server 2007 R2 – Enterprise Edition Distributed – Audio Video Conferencing MCU
- 976657 Description of the cumulative update for Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Unified Communications Managed API 2.0 Core Redist 64-bit: April 2010
- 977343 Description of the cumulative update for Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Core Components: January 2010
Restart requirementYou are prompted to restart the server at the end of the installation of the update.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix package replaces hotfix package 971793.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Registry informationTo use one of the updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation informationTo install this update package, install the OCS2007-KB977347-amd64-AppShareMCU.msp and OCS2007R2-KB977934-amd64-AVMCU.msp packages on the following computers:
- Office Communications Server – Standard Edition
- Office Communications Server – Enterprise Edition Consolidated
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 – Enterprise Edition Distributed – Audio Video Conferencing Server
- Click Start, click
All Programs, click Accessories, and then right-click Command Prompt.
- Click Run as administrator.If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation.
- Start the update (.msp) at the command prompt.
Removal informationTo remove this update package, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
You may be prompted for restart after you uninstall the update for Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Audio Video Conferencing Server.
Sometimes, when you try to uninstall the update package, you are prompted for the source CD. If this behavior occurs, insert the source CD or provide the path where the source files can be found.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to correct the issue that is listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Article ID: 977934 - Last Review: Oct 6, 2011 - Revision: 1