- You are working in a native Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment or in a mixed Exchange Server 2010 and Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 environment.
- You cannot manage the following virtual directories from Exchange Management Console (EMC):
- Outlook Web Access (OWA)
- Exchange Control Panel (ECP)
- When you expand the server configuration list in EMC, you see a list of CAS servers on the right side.
- You try to select an Exchange Server 2007 Client Access Server (CAS) server or an Exchange Server 2010 CAS server.
- When you try to select one of the CAS servers, you discover that it is inaccessible.
The task wasn't able to connect to IIS on the server <CAS server name>. Make sure that the server exists and can be reached from this computer. The RPC server is unavailable. It was running the command 'Get-OwaVirtualDirectory'.
Get-OwaVirtualDirectory command in the Exchange Server background. However, you cannot manage any of the virtual directories for the Exchange Server CAS servers if the command cannot access any one of the Exchange Server CAS servers.
Article ID: 977966 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4