- The Live Meeting Conferencing Add-in toolbar and the Live Meeting Conferencing menu are not displayed in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 or in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003.
- The Live Meeting Conferencing Add-in is disabled in Outlook.
- You receive the following error message in the Live Meeting Conferencing Add-in log:
UNEXPECTEDLY failing registry read value 'AuthSecret'.
After you apply this update, the Live Meeting 2007 Conferencing Add-in for Outlook prompts you to resynchronize the Live Meeting 2007 account.
Fix it for meTo work around this problem automatically, click the Fix this problem link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in this wizard.
Note This wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
Note If you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or to a CD, and then you can run it on the computer that has the problem.
Let me fix it myselfTo work around this problem yourself follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then right-click the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Live Meeting\Preferences
- Click Delete.
- If you are on a 32-bit operating system locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Microsoft.LiveMeeting.AddinsIf you are on a 64-bit operating system locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432node\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Microsoft.LiveMeeting.Addins
- Right-click LoadBehavior, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 3, and then click OK.
- Close Registry Editor, and then start Office Outlook.
- On the Conferencing menu, click User Accounts.
- In the User Accounts dialog box, click Test Connection.
Article ID: 978012 - Last Review: Jun 21, 2014 - Revision: 1