This article describes the Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2 issues that are fixed in the update for Communicator 2007 R2 that is dated April 2010.
This article describes the following items about the update:
- The issues that the update fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update.
- Whether the update is replaced by any other update.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update contains.
Issues that this update fixesThis cumulative update fixes the following issues:
- 981412 Conversations in Office Communicator 2007 R2 voice conferences use lots of space in the Conversation History folder in Office Outlook
- 981410 The contact-id parameter does not work when you add custom commands to Office Communicator 2007 R2 menus
- 981411 Text is unreadable when you copy the text from an Office SharePoint Server Web site and paste the text into Office Communicator 2007 R2
- 981413 ";nbsp" is converted to Â when you copy text from Internet Explorer to an Office Communicator 2007 R2 conversation window
- 981414 Microsoft Office Communicator may no longer make daily synchronize changes to its address book
- 983215 A blank window opens unexpectedly when you start Office Communicator 2007 R2
- 971628 When a delegate on behalf of a manager tries to use the Conferencing Add-in for Outlook to schedule a live meeting or to schedule a conference, the delegate's information instead of manager's information displays in the conferencing request unexpectedly
Note To resolve this issue, you must apply update 978564, update 969696, and update 969821.
For more information, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:969696 Description of the update for Live Meeting Conferencing Add-in for Outlook: July 2009969821 Description of the update package for Office Communications Server 2007 R2: July, 2009
- 971843 Enterprise administrators cannot both set and enforce the Personal Information Manager settings for Outlook Integration to be able to turn off Outlook Integration for Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2
- 972085 Error message when you start Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2: "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the message request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client."
- 972087 In Communicator 2007 R2 when you use Tanjay to call a user, you hear both the ringing and the audio from the user side
- 972090 Your voice is discontinuous when you use Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2 to make a call on a Windows 7 or a Windows Server 2008 R2-based remote desktop
- 972091 Error message in Communicator 2007 R2 when you try to join a conference call from Outlook: "Can't open the program because Office Communicator or Office Communications Server Attendant is already running on your windows user account"
- 971845 The delegate permissions feature in Office Communicator 2007 R2 is unavailable to non-unified communications users
- 971846 Video frames are not displayed in Office Communicator 2007 R2 on a Windows XP-based computer
- 972093 Error message when you try to adjust the volume during a call in a Communicator 2007 R2 conversation window on a computer that is running Windows XP: "Cannot adjust the speaker volume"
- 972097 Error message when distribution group expansion fails in Office Communicator 2007 R2: "Cannot save a local copy of your distribution groups."
- 972099 A "Meet Now - Invite by Email" HTML e-mail message that is generated by Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2 has unreadable text in the message body
- 972403 Communicator 2007 R2 users may experience network performance issues that are caused by Global address list (GAL) full file download or GAL delta file download
- 971844 No name appears in Communicator 2007 R2 when a Private Branch Exchange telephone user calls a Communications Server 2007 R2 user
- 971078 An Automatic Update download is not initiated on a computer that is running Office Communicator 2007 R2 build 3.5.6907.9
- 968504 Description of the Communicator 2007 R2 update for Microsoft Online Services
- 968623 You experience one-way audio when LG-Nortel IP8540 or Polycom CX700 phones are used in an Audio Video call on Windows XP
- 968624 Error events occur when you disconnect a computer that is running Communicator 2007 R2 from the network: "Event ID: 3" or "Event ID: 7"
- 968625 Description of a hotfix that applies the initial changes for the integration of Office Communicator 2007 R2 and the next version of Office after the Office 2007 release
- 968628 Communicator 2007 R2 stores the Actual Remote Number (The number that is dialed) for outgoing calls to a remote party
- 968631 The font in the Conversation window is very small when you run Office Communicator 2007 R2 on a Windows Vista-based computer that has high DPI (120 DPI) with Internet Explorer 8 installed
- 968632 You cannot click the password field and enter a password when you sign in to Office Communicator 2007 R2
- 968634 Description of Office Communicator 2007 R2 update to support Polycom roundtable devices
- 968690 In Office Communicator 2007 R2, User A gets a failure-to-deliver message after sending an IM to User B even though User B receives the message
- 976045 Error message when you try to add a contact to Outlook in Communicator 2007 R2: "Cannot connect to Microsoft Office Outlook to add a contact because Outlook is not responding"
- 976046 Hyperlinks are converted to lowercase if you send them in an instant message as text in Communicator 2007 R2
- 976048 Error message when you log off, restart, or shut down a computer that is running Communicator 2007 R2: "End Program - Communicator"
- 976050 When you answer an incoming call on a device that uses a simultaneous ring number, Office Communicator 2007 R2 generates a missed call notification
- 976051 The Communicator 2007 R2 screen freezes intermittently for several seconds when you are in an audio or a video conferencing session
- 976052 The display name of a contact is unresolved when you send a meeting request in Communicator 2007 R2
- 976054 Audio skips in Communicator 2007 R2 during Communicator calls or during Public Switched Telephone Network calls on a computer that is running Windows Vista
Update package information
Microsoft Download CenterThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Communicator.msp package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update package.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer if certain dependencies in Microsoft Office Communicator are still running when the update is applied. For example, if you have Microsoft Office Outlook or Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2 running when the update is applied, you may have to restart the computer.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces the previously released update that is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 972884.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
972884 Description of the update for Communicator 2007 R2: Oct 2009
This update replaces the previously released update that is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 976135.
9761359 Description of the Communicator 2007 R2 cumulative update: January 2010
Registry informationYou do not have to make any changes in the registry to apply this update.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Privacypolicy.rtf||Not Applicable||2||10-Apr-2010||17:30||Not Applicable|