- You enable one of the following Active Directory discovery method on a System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) site server:
- Active Directory System DiscoveryActive Directory User Discovery
Acitve Directory System Group Discovery
Active Directory Security Group Discovery
- You add a search path to the Active Directory OUslist.
- You add a second search path to the Active Directory OUslist. This search path contains the string of the first search path you just added.
For example, you create two Organizational Units (OUs) under an OU which is named “Organization Computers”, and then you name the OUs "abc" and "abcd." You add a search path of domain\Organization Computers\abc for the first OU, and then you add a search path of domain\Organization Computers\abcd for the second OU. In this scenario, the second OU is not discovered when the Active Directory System Discovery process or the Active Directory User Discovery process runs.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must have System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 installed on the computer.
Installation instructionsNote The following hotfix package can be installed on a System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 site server that is running an x86-based version of an operating system or an x64-based version of an operating system:
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
File informationThe English (United States) version of this hotfix installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following tables. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and the times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and the times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.
System Center Configuration Manager 2007 file information notes
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
- Open the Configuration Manager Console window.
- Locate the following item: Site Database\Site Management\<site name>\Site Settings\Discovery Methods
- Double-click the Active Directory System Discovery or the Active Directory User Discovery item in the right-side panel to open its Properties dialog box.
- On the General tab, click to select the Enable Active Directory System Discovery or the Enable Active Directory User Discovery check box if it is not selected.
- Add a new container to the Active Directory containers list.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 978757 - Last Review: Oct 28, 2011 - Revision: 1