Consider the following scenario:
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 servers are deployed in a scenario in which one Client Access Server performs as a proxy for another Client Access Server.
- Client Access server 1 is located in site 1.
- Client Access server 2 is located in site 2.
- Client Access server 1 is the Internet-facing server.
- Client Access server 1 takes the proxying role.
- There are linked mailboxes in site 2.
This problem occurs because the Client Access server does not have the required permissions for the Active Directory forest that contains the external accounts that are associated with the linked mailboxes. Therefore, an exception is generated for the linked mailbox accounts.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 979566 - Last Review: Mar 18, 2010 - Revision: 1