- The issues that the update package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update package.
- Whether the update package is replaced by any other update package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update package contains.
Issue that this update package fixesThis cumulative update fixes the following issue:
- 981268 The Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Outside Voice Control service crashes if Unified Communications Application Services triggers Event ID 32019
- 968799 The Outside Voice Control service rejects connections from a new server as non-trusted connections in a Communications Server 2007 R2 deployment
Update package information
Microsoft Download Center The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the CallControlServer.msp package now.
Release Date: April 2010
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
By contacting supportA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update package.
Restart requirementYou have to restart the computer after you apply this update package.
Hotfix replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces update package 967835.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Registry informationTo use one of the updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation informationTo install this cumulative update, install the OCS2007-KB980372-amd64-CallControlServer.msp package on the following computers:
- Communications Server – Standard Edition
- Communications Server – Enterprise Edition Consolidated
- Communications Server 2007 R2 – Enterprise Edition Distributed – Front End
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then right-click
- Click Run as administrator.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Start the update (.msp).
Removal informationTo uninstall this update package, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
You have to restart the computer after you uninstall the cumulative update for Communications Server 2007 R2, Outside Voice Control.
Sometimes, when you try to uninstall this cumulative update, you are prompted for the source CD. If this behavior occurs, insert the source CD, or provide the path of the source files.
File informationThis update package may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update package contains only the files that you must have to resolve the issue that is listed in this article.
After the update package is installed, the global version of this update package has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Article ID: 980372 - Last Review: Oct 6, 2011 - Revision: 1