When you try to uninstall Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, the uninstall operation is not completed successfully. Additionally, you receive an error message that resembles the following:
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 uninstall did not complete successfully. One or more required OFFICE components failed to complete successfully. For more information, consult the setup log file.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Start Registry Editor. To do this, click Start , type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Locate and then click to select the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\14.0\WSS
- Right-click SetupType, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type CLEAN_INSTALL, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
- Try to uninstall Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 or of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 again.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 981228 - Last Review: Sep 22, 2011 - Revision: 1