- Verify that all the network protocols, server names, and port numbers are correct. You can verify this information by using the FAST installation guide.
- Verify that all the servers have the same time zone, daylight savings, and "Date and Time" settings. If these settings differ, a clock error can occur. This error prevents the search from functioning correctly.
- FAST, SharePoint, and domain servers are all included.
- The clock error message is generated in the Qrproxy logs only if the system.diagnostics setting is enabled. To enable the system.diagnostics setting, remove the comment tags from the system.diagnostics tags that are located near the end of the %FASTSEARCH%\bin\qrproxyservice.exe.config file. When you do this, a Qrproxy.svclog file is created in the bin folder.
- After you complete the troubleshooting process, undo the changes that you made to the Qrproxyservice.exe.config file.
Article ID: 981302 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4