Fix it for meTo fix this problem automatically , click the Fix this problem link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in this wizard.
Note This wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
Note If you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or to a CD, and then you can run it on the computer that has the problem.
Let me fix it myselfTo resolve this problem yourself, follow these steps:
- In Windows Vista, Click , type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation.
In Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\General\
- Click the FileNewCSCFilter registry entry. Then, use one of the following methods:
- On the Edit menu, click Modify, type 2, and then click OK.
- On the Edit menu, click Delete. Then, in the Confirm Value Delete dialog box, click Yes.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- On the File tab, click Options.
- In the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced.
- The Show customer submitted Office.com content check box is located under the General section.
Article ID: 981488 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4