Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Microsoft SharePoint Server together with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2.
- You use a user account (User A) to install and configure a SharePoint Server farm.
- User A makes another user (User B) a member of the Farm Administrator group.
- User A makes User B a member of the sysadmin role of the SQL Server 2008 server that hosts the farm configuration database.
- User B runs the Farm Configuration Wizard on a different computer, and joins that computer to the farm.
To work around this problem, User A should follow these steps to install and configure the farm:
- Install SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Install SharePoint Server.
- Configure SharePoint Server.
- Add User B to the Farm Administrator group.
- Add User B to the Site Collections Administrator group.
- Add User B as the database owner of the SharePoint configuration database.
- Add User B as the database owner of the SharePoint AdminContent database.
- Add User B as the computer administrator on every computer in the farm.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.