- You have a document library in a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 server or in a Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 server.
- This document library contains a required Business data field.
- You click New Document in the document library, and then you add some content.
- You try to save the document.
Note You will receive the following warning message in Microsoft Word 2010:Required Properties To save to the server, correct the invalid or missing required properties.
Note This issue occurs because the Business data field is a required field.
- Click New Document in the Documents tab of the SharePoint 2010 list.
- In Word 2010, click Insert.
In the Text group, click Quick Parts, point to Document Property, and then click to insert the control for the business data column.
- Add data to the control for the business data column, and then save the document.
- Create a new document in the client computer.
- Upload this document to the document library.
- Input the value for the required Business data field when you are prompted to do this.
Article ID: 981688 - Last Review: Sep 12, 2011 - Revision: 1